Monday, August 30, 2010

Yikes Bikes!

Yikes bikes, indeed!  Eleanor just started saying this today- it's a phrase her Aunt says.  It was pretty hilarious.  I guess I'll just catalog a few of the other cute Eleanor moments before I forget them.  We just got a package today and she wanted to open it.  I was feeding Garrett so I said she could go ahead and open it if she wanted to (there was clear packing tape all over, there was no real hope of her succeeding).  So she tried hard for about a minute then looked at me all seriously and said "Boo boo can't do."  Haha!  I didn't know she could even SAY "can't" let alone use it in context.  After that I told her I'd get it when Garrett was done eating.  I asked her if she was hungry, she burped right on cue then said "No."  Well.  I guess not.  Haha!  She took a 2.5 hour nap today!  I couldn't believe it-- the napless toddler of mine napped for so long... I didn't even know what to do with myself.  I laid her down, told her to lay down & try to sleep... and I gave her Minnie Mouse, closed the door and walked out.  Literally a one second whine, then I didn't hear from her again until two and a half hours later when I heard monkey sounds issuing from her bedroom.  Sometimes... life is fun.  :)


Well, there's so much to recap on, I don't even know where to start.  My in-laws came and went, it went by so fast!  Here are the quick overviews of it- our tv cabinet got repaired so our shelf won't snap in half now, we got some food (dark chocolate covered acai/blueberries, V8 Splash, spinach ravioli, three homemade meals, uncountable amounts of cookies/muffins, and flavored water, just to name a few), we saw Tim's cousin as she just came up to BYU, played lots with the kids (some new Minnie Mouse paraphernalia got left behind), had some adult conversation (Wow!  I know!  It's amazing!), and I got some work done on their scrapbooks/baby books. That's the short version of it.  It was hard saying goodbye, probably for everyone involved.  Eleanor might have shown that the most passionately, but in watching her as it was starting to sink in that Grandma & Grandpa weren't just saying goodnight but goodBYE, it's true, I know how she feels.  I just care too much about what people think to break down in tears like her about it.  Poor girl, there's nothing we can really say at this age to make it easier.  I tell her we'll see them at Christmas, but that means nothing to her yet.  It's hard to see your kids sad, that's for sure.  Thankfully, the next morning she did much better with it.


And what about Garrett?  Well, Eleanor's been trying to teach him how to walk:
I don't think he was so thrilled about it, although he didn't mind it, either.



Truth be told, I don't think he caught on very quickly.  It was fun but we ended just before my back gave out.

Good times, good times.  No, other then that, Garrett hasn't been feeling well, he's gotten a cold.  If it doesn't clear up really soon, we get to visit our pediatrician.  Actually, we need to anyhow, he's due for a check up and shots again.  Sigh.

I can't believe Garrett is so old!  I put him in a 6-12 month shirt today and it fit... I know he's going to be 8 months soon so it shouldn't have surprised me that it fit, but... I think it has something to do with the fact that is says 12 months at the end-  EEEEK!  He's so old!
 Well, not much I can do about it, I just need to enjoy each moment with him better, before it's all gone in the blink of an eye.

Here is my happy thought of the day: Reading the Ensign (our church magazine) and pondering my life and how I can make it better.  It makes me feel like a new person.  I need to do that every day, it feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment