Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Grandma and Grandpa are coming!"

I feel like we've been telling Eleanor that for so long (ever since we left CA) and she really hasn't truly believed us until this evening when they came.  She seemed confused for a few minutes when they came in the door, but by the end of the night she seemed to be doing better (She's still addicted to Grandma like Garrett is to his binky).

I guess I'll throw caution to the superstitions and without knocking on wood will say they are both sleeping surprisingly well right now for sleeping so little during the day and going to bed so late.  

I'm excited for all that tomorrow may bring with my in-laws.  Sometimes I think it really helps me appreciate my own kids so much more once I see other people loving & enjoying them as well.  I'm not sure why but I won't knock it.  They are pretty stinking adorable.

I wonder if other people with children go through the same ups and downs as me.  Sometimes my kids are so needy & frustrating I think "How can I even handle what I have, let alone any more someday?"  And yet other days I feel like I could just have 20 kids just like them and it wouldn't be enough, it's just so wonderful to be a mother.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not alone in these feelings.  (For anyone reading this wishing for further clarification, no, I'm not pregnant again, but we do plan on having more than 2 for sure someday)

We went out to dinner at P.F. Changs (Yum!) and it was great.  I love being with my family.  In laws or not, they are my family and I'm blessed to have them in my life.  I don't know how many people can say that with all the stereotypical in law horror stories you hear out there.  But it's great.  Not sure what else this weekend holds for us, but I'll try to keep you up to date.

Well, here's my happy thought of the day: Nothing can mar your joy but yourself.  Even in the worst of situations, jokes can be made, smiles can ensue, and laughter (even through tears) can be the best medicine.  If the Messiah could love us enough to endure what He endured for us because He knew of the joy it would bring to the world as a result... there is no true sorrow in our sorrows.  For as we will, all that is wrong can be made right again.  What could possibly be a happier thought than that?
 

1 comment:

  1. Jen! I love your blog! I am jealous that you went to P.F. Changs, YUM! You are a great example :)

    ReplyDelete